Total certifications completed
Hours completed from all certification requirements
Attendance in live classes
Following the initial launch of the platform in 2014, it was determined that ease of use was tremendous, and the system provided significant value in the saving of time and money while establishing a baseline for the upcoming year.
1. It needs to be mobile - with access any time, anywhere and from any device.
2. Learning needs to be personalized, allowing self-drivers to pursue their own paths, discover and curate their own learning.
3. It should be social, offering opportunities for collaboration.
4. It needs to be engaging, delivered in microbursts.
5. Learning needs to be rewarded, with recognition and certifications.
Catechists are growing across the board, with the number now approaching 7,000; teachers, youth ministers, parishes. There has been a marked increase in confidence among catechists and leaders. Ease of use, personal choice, and affordability are key factors to Brooklyn's success. In May of 2016, 200 catechists were awarded certification during their annual presentation ceremony. In 2017, the number approached 800. It’s a snapshot approach that results in the diocese’s ability to deliver continuity in the teaching of the faith.